These bottles have been difficult between the paint not adhering properly, the wax clumping and pulling paint off, and then to some sort of oil spots showing through it…It’s a bit of disappointment because this set would really be something to be proud of. I loved the contrast between the black pleather guitar shape and the paint and fabric.
Here’s what I learned though – and it’s a very basic thing: Your projects are only as good as the materials used. In this case, I think the turquoise acrylic paint is past its prime and needs to be discarded. I’ve never before had an issue with this paint sticking to glassware until now. I’ve collected a lot of paint over the years and it’s time to give it a good inspection to see what needs replacing.
So while this project is a failure, I plan on salvaging what I can of the design and re-creating it on new bottles with new paint. It’s not really a failure; it’s just a cause for a re-do. Glassware is forgiving. I can scrub these clean and start over relatively easily.
I also learned something else: It’s important to have a few projects going at once so that momentum isn’t totally stopped up once a project goes down the toilet. Because my projects have many stages to them, I need to have at least 3 in progress in order to make the most use of my time to not totally hault productivity. I was hoping to have these bottles in shape to add to my Etsy shop this weekend but that is not in the cards. So now I am unsure about what, if anything, I’ll be able to put up in my shop to keep it fresh.
Can’t rush the process.